Stepping Stones Learning Center selects its staff based on their education, as well as their dedication and patience with children. Our certified professional staff are highly experienced and educated, each one holding a degree from a major college or university, state teaching certification and/or licensure from New York State to practice in their perspective areas. Paraeducators and assistants have degrees in related fields and experience working with children.
- Certifications include:Doctorate in Philosophy in Educational Administration - Williamsburg University
- NYS Certification as Teacher of the Speech and Hearing Handicapped K-1
- NYS Licensure and ASHA Certification Speech Pathologis
- NYS Certification as School District Administrator
- C.A.S. Educational Administration - SUNY Brockport
- M.S. Speech Pathology - Nazareth College of Rochester
Over 40 years of experience in speech pathology and education of children, youth, and their families.
In her spare time Mariellen enjoys reading, water activities, giving back to the community, enjoying friends, and spending time with her husband John & her children Alison, Kimberly, and John.
Coordinator of Autism Programs
- General Education teaching certification for birth - 6th grade
- Special Education teaching certification for birth - 12th grade
- SSLC employee since 1997
- Partnered with the University of Rochester on nationally acclaimed Autism research.
In her spare time Mary likes reading, scrapbooking, and spending time with her husband and two sons.
Assistant Coordinator of Autism
- B.S. Degree - SUNY Brockport May 2000
- 12 years of experience providing quality services for children with Autism.
ELP Coordinator of Special Education
- Masters degree of Special Education - SUNY Geneseo
- Special Education Teacher & Clinical Supervisor of Applied Behavioral Analysis program.
- Member of SSLC team for 10 years.
In her spare time Laura enjoys camping, backpacking, and skiiing.
Medicaid Service Coordinator & ABA Specialist
- B.S. degree - SUNY Brockport 2003
- Member of SSLC team since 2005
- Supervises intakes for Medicaid Service Coordination at SSLC